Built: General Electric, 1957
Serial Number: 32855
Weight: 50 tons (100,000 pounds)
BRMX 67 is a 50-ton, diesel-electric industrial switcher that was built by General Electric in Erie, Pennsylvania. It was built March 19, 1957, and is equipped with two Cummins HBI 6-cylinder diesel engines, generating a total of 300 horsepower. The locomotive was donated to BSRM in 1986 by the United Illuminating Co. of New Haven, CT., after serving many years as the plant switcher at their Bridgeport generating station. Presently, 67 works as the power for the Lenox Station Jitney, demonstrating the workings of diesel propulsion to our guests.